My Dream Job: To be a Lawyer
Ever since I was a child I have always dreamed to be a lawyer. But not just any lawyer I wanted to be the best, I wanted to be every kind of lawyer possible! Currently that’s being a trial lawyer, a corporate lawyer and a human rights lawyer. They say when you dream, you dream big and I believe that if you do dream big you can one day achieve it and it might even be of a bigger accomplishment than your dream. I want to become the lawyer who people will say: “That lawyer is great…she has morals and values and she loves what she does” I want to be the lawyer who WILL fight for the truth and hopefully bring back justice into our very corrupt country and world. I also dream that I can be the lawyer who can bring back the hope of people to the justice system and that I serve as an example of a just and moral-conscious person. This has been my dream ever since I was little and every year, as I grow as a person I add more to it. At first I just wanted to be a lawyer because it looked so cool and I saw the passion and the drive my uncle had for it and also the happiness it gave him and his clients. Now as a teen I want to be a lawyer first and foremost because I want to help those who are belittled by the law, those who are abused by people and the law, and I want to bring back their faith in our justice system!
In order to accomplish this dream of mine I have to be good at so many things, I have to be knowledgeable, and I have to think things thoroughly. But to me the most important skill I must have which thankfully I have but I just need to work on it more is the PASSION and the LOVE I have for my chosen dream. It is what drives me to be the best lawyer I can be. One may be an intelligent lawyer but if he or she does not have that drive and passion and most of all love for it, them being lawyers will be useless. For me intelligence is a vital thing to be a lawyer and one must not be biased, but they have to be just and care for the people and for the law. Being a lawyer may be one of the most stressing jobs but I do not care, as long as I love doing it I feel that it’s not work its what I love to do, what I LIVE for. So currently as a freshman in high school we are taught debate and I believe that it is a great stepping-stone for me to develop my skills both in writing and making great and convincing arguments, which can mold me, better as a lawyer. There are many values, which a lawyer must have. Some of these are the values of decision-making, patience, perseverance and determination. Without any of these how can a lawyer be successful? A lawyer must go through thousands of files and papers, without any patience or perseverance he might just quit. A lawyer is not a quitter, a lawyer stands up for what he or she believes in and not what others are telling him should be right. He must be able to make his own decisions too and he must decide what is better for the majority. These are just some of the things that I believe can help me be a successful lawyer. And as Aristotle said: The Law is Freedom Free from Passion.
a lawyer? u? cool!
ReplyDeleteSo inspiring...
ReplyDeletewith that attitude you are bound to become an amazing lawyer!
Love your blog, you have so many different things to talk about! From Miley, Knitting and to becoming a Lawyer!
I love you so much bestie, love Jemma xoxo
So inspiring...
ReplyDeletewith this attitude you are bound for success!
I love your blog - you have so many different things to talk about! From Miley, Knitting and now to being a Lawyer!
I love you so much bestie! Love Jemma xoxo